Ditch the Disposables
We’re supporting Plastic Free July this month and aiming to reduce the usage of plastic in our home and lives.
We know that making sustainable changes can be overwhelming so we’ve put together some tips and ideas on how you can get started on using less plastic in your home.
- Start small. Identify a handful of areas you can reduce plastic in that’s manageable for you. You don’t have to be perfect and every little bit helps reduce the overall environmental impact.
- Change our your kid’s (and your!) plastic lunchboxes and drink bottles for stainless steel. It’s more hygienic, keeps food cool and lasts a lifetime. Check out our Lunchtime Collection.
- Get a keep cup for hot beverages and keep it in your car, that way you’ll never forget it again. Our Joco Keep Cups come in a variety of colours and are perfect for that coffee on the run.
- Swap out your straw. Plastic straws are one of the biggest waste hazards for wildlife on our beaches and in our oceans. Invest in some stainless steel straws (like these ones in our Sustainable Starter box) and you'll be set for life.
- Bag a bag! We're proud New Zealand is already working to eliminate single use plastic bags and there are so many other stylish options. The produce and bread bags in our Kitchen Collection are great for storing produce and keeping everything fresh.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle. Don't just throw away your existing plastic, think about where and how you could reuse those items and when they really do reach the end of their life, dispose of them wisely.